Compounding is a showcase discipline for the Leistritz twin screw extruder. A wide variety of options for incorporating fillers and reinforcing materials into the polymer matrix are possible and lead to new material properties which are used in a multitude of applications.
Extruders or complete production lines
We offer you YOUR tailor-made solution, regardless of what compounding challenges you have for us.
- reinforcement of polymers, e.g. through the incorporation of fibers (glass, carbon or natural fibers)
- modification of the impact strength of thermoplastics, e.g. by blending with rubber components
- improvement of the dimensional stability and breaking resistance of polymers, e.g. by the incorporation of inorganic fillers, glass beads
- enhancement of the flow and flame retardant properties of polymers, e.g. through the incorporation of low-viscosity substances or flame retardants
- production of polymer blends, e.g. through the mixing of compatible and incompatible polymers
- improvement of the chemical/physical durability of polymers, e.g. through the incorporation of stabilizers, static inhibitors